Welcome to the home of the post-post modern artist, writer, and video maker the Obscure.
Wipe your shoes, clear your mind, and play nice with the other children.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Non-Anime From the Godfather of Anime

One thing I often forget is that not every artist is restricted to their medium or style. Recently I began research on the Godfather of anime Osamu Tezuka and found that, while I have only an average amount of interest in his famed titles (Astroboy, Kimba the White Lion, etc), I can't get enough of his early work. Take a look at Tezuka's mixed-media piece "Memory" from 1964. At first glance, you might think this is some Max Fleischer fringe work, but it is the work of Tezuka who offers not only a fun and unique animation style, but also an insightful narrative about the mechanics of the human memory. Seeing as how "memory" is 50% of the title of my most popular series, I thought it appropriate to steal be inspired by this piece. So enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment