Welcome to the home of the post-post modern artist, writer, and video maker the Obscure.
Wipe your shoes, clear your mind, and play nice with the other children.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Pick of the Now: Dana Falconberry

Sweet, precious, and kinda eerie. That's how I describe singer-songwriter Dana Falconberry. If you know me (and chances are you just stumbled across this post while aimlessly Google searching and have no idea who the hell I am) then you'll know that I am a sucker for distinctive voices backed by folksy/bluesy/punky music (ex. Gogol Bordello, Amanda Palmer). Falconberry really drives a ghostly, lighthearted melody. Here's a song called "Birch Bark" which I found on the Annie Street Arts Collective recording.


I'd say she sounds like if the Ditty Bops died and returned as phantasms.

 

I'd put her under the same shoe-gazer umbrella that hovers above Lower Dens or former "Pick of the Now" recipient Sharon Van Etten. Now here's a song featuring back-up from that most versatile of instruments: an aluminum can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment